Complete information about Leh Ladakh Trip
Leh and Ladakh is a tourist destination in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Ladakh currently extends from the Siachen Glacier in the Karakoram Range to the main Great Himalayas in the south. Most people are constantly in confusion about the difference between Leh Ladakh,Therefore, let us tell you that the state of Jammu and Kashmir is divided into three parts: Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh. Ladakh is further divided into two districts: District Leh and District Kargil. "Leh" is a popular city in the district of Leh and is a center of attraction for its beautiful monasteries, picturesque locations and interesting markets. Apart from this, Leh is also the capital of Ladakh. Tourists from all over the world come to visit Leh Ladakh for the arduous route, snowfall, trekking and even adventure activities.
Interesting facts about Leh Ladakh
- Leh is the second largest optical telescope in the world, the Indian Astronomical Observatory in Hanle, Ladakh.
- The spectacular view of the reflection of Pangong Lake is very popular here.
- The 30 meter long Bailey Bridge, situated between the Suru River and the Dras River, is situated at an altitude of 5,602 meters above sea level, which is the highest bridge in the world. Which is the center of tourist attraction.
- Leh Ladakh is the only place in India where two hump camels are found. These camels found in the Nubra Valley of Ladakh are a major attraction here.
- The blue and mysterious Pangong Lake in Leh Ladakh is the highest saltwater lake in the world. It is 162 km long which is 70% in China and 30% in India. Despite the salty water, this lake completely freezes in winter.
- Ladakh is a cold desert. Most of the area here is brown and bumpy. But its specialty is that despite being a desert, Ladakh is home to over 225 species of birds. Some unusual birds like Finches, Robins, Redstart and Hoopoe are found here in large numbers.
- Leh Ladakh has more festivals than any other place in the country. The influence of Buddhist and Tibetan culture can be seen in the festivals here. Here Losar Festival, Ladakh Festival, Hemis Tsu Festival, Indus Darshan Festival etc. are celebrated.
- It is the highest motorable road in the world. Most tourists visiting Ladakh want to enjoy a motorbike on this road.
- The Chadar Trek is very famous after the Jaskar River freezes in Leh in January. This trek is considered to be the toughest in India and one of the 10 toughest trekking in the world.
Places to visit in Leh Ladakh
If you are planning to visit Leh Ladakh then let us know that there is a lot to see, roam and do here. If you have enough time, you can enjoy all things. Let us know what to do and what to see if we go to Leh Ladakh.
- River Rafting
- Camel Safari
- Jeep safari
- Mountain biking
- Pangong Tso
- Tso Moriri, Tso Kar (Tso Kar)
- Khardung La Pass, Baralacha La Pass
- Hemis Math, Thiki Math, Bardan Math, Jangla Math
- Shanti Stupa, Lachung La Pass
- Zojila Pass, Tanglong La Pass
- Spituk Math, She Math
- Apart from this you can do chadar trekking in Leh Ladakh, see Ladakh Mahal, and also do shopping.
Best time to visit Leh Ladakh
This is one of the tourist places in India where you should get information about what is the best time to go to Leh Ladakh before planning a trip.
From april to july
The summer season is the best time to visit Leh and Ladakh. During this time, all routes are open for tourists. The sky remains clear and the beauty of Leh Ladakh is evident. During this time, you can go trekking, riding a jeep or bike and enjoy walking in Leh Ladakh. Temperatures during this season range from about 15 ° C to 30 ° C.
July to September
During this period, there are irregular showers of rain in the areas around Ladakh. However it also depends on region to region. You can also visit Ladakh during this time. During the monsoon, the temperature here ranges from about 3 ° C to 17 ° C.
October to March
The entire area of Ladakh remains snow-covered during these months and most of the routes remain closed. Due to which it is not possible to go to Ladakh. The temperature in this season is between 0 ° C and 15 ° C. Tourists do not come in this season.
How to reach Leh Ladakh
Though Ladakh can also be reached by bus, plane or train but it is believed that traveling by train is quite troublesome because the nearest railway station of Ladakh is far away. Let us know how to reach Leh Ladakh.
The nearest airport to Leh Ladakh is Kushok Bakula Rimpochi Airport located in Leh. This airport is connected to many international airports in India including Delhi. It also has flights from Srinagar, Jammu, Chandigarh and other common destinations in India. After reaching here, you can take a taxi from outside the airport to reach Leh Ladakh.
Government and private buses ply from Srinagar and Manali to Leh Ladakh. If you catch a bus from Srinagar to reach Ladakh, then you will come here via Zojila Darda and if you catch a bus from Manali, you will reach Leh Ladakh via Rohtang Pass.The road to Srinagar is open from June to October for buses. The Manali route is open for bus routes from June to September. If you are planning to arrive by bus from New Delhi, it will take minimum 4 days to reach Ladakh. If you are fond of adventure then you can also go to Leh Ladakh by jeep or bike.
The nearest railway station to Ladakh is at Tawi, which is 700 km from Ladakh. This railway station receives trains from Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi and many other important places. From the station you can reach Ladakh by bus or cab. It will take two days to reach Ladakh by bus. Other nearest railway stations are at Chandigarh and Pathankot. It will take at least three days to reach Ladakh from the railway station. This is the most inconvenient way to reach Ladakh.
Where to stay in Leh Ladakh
Leh Ladakh hotels and guest houses are very beautiful. There is a good stay here. Rooms ranging from seven hundred to thousand rupees are available here. You can choose hotels and rooms as per your convenience. Apart from this, you can also see the breathtaking views from the hotel balcony or room.If you want to stay in Ladakh then you can stay in hotels like Hotel Nalanna, The Grand Dragon, The Zen, Hotel Ladakh Himalayan Retreat, Sia-La Guest House. But if you want to stay in Leh, then you can stop at Jal Guest House, Barath Hotel and Hotel Moonland.